Subscribe to AfterDawn's weekly newsletter.
The Combined Exhibition of Advanced Technologies (CEATEC) trade show is held in Japan every October since the first in 2000 and is the country's largest IT and electronics event.
CEATEC is a platform for organizations and companies to introduce and exhibit their new technologies products and services as well as a chance for information and idea sharing through seminars and demonstrations.
Some notable recent technology shown off at CEATEC includes:
- Blu-ray DVD drives for PCs in 2005 (Read More).
- Hitachi's 100GB Blu-ray disc in 2007 (Read More).
- Hitachi's HD upconversion technology in 2008 (Read More).
- The Secure Digital eXtended Capacity (SDXC) format in 2009 (Read More).
- Mitsubishi's 155-inch OLED television in 2009 (Read More).
- Samsung's 330Mbps WiMAX demo in 2010 (Read More).
- TDK's 1 Terabyte optical disc (Read More).
- Toshiba's Glasses-Free 3D TV in 2010 (Read More).